Thursday, April 23, 2009
Thing 17: More 2.0 Winners
What fun! I went with the short list. Being a book person, the first site I visited was Lulu. Amazing, anyone can write, publish and market a book. We really are democratizing media. But Lulu wasn't quite what I was looking for.....I didn't want a photo book and I didn't want all text. I wanted something in between. So.....I explored further into another interest of mine, geneology. I started with geni a few month ago. Geni is the 2nd place winner in the category so I tried out the first place winner: My Heritage. Very similiar to Geni except it had a family tree maker that I may go back and download (except it's PC and I'm Mac at home....need to get new Mac with dual processor). So I continued on my journey to find just the right 2.0 app. Went to Zillow. Sort of scary and seemed a little messed up. I looked through my neighborhood. Had a picture of my house with a different address which sort of messed with what I thought the comparative house prices would be. If you were moving, zillow would give a good overview of the prices in a neighborhood. So onward and back to geneology. I thought I would play Jeopardy and complete the category. Looked at Amiglia and GeneTree. Getting a little scientific with DNA geneology at GeneTree. Last but not least in the category, I visited Ancestry Press which now seems to be called MyCanvas. I was familiar with Ancestry.com but had no idea they had a publishing/project service. This was just what I was looking for...the match of books and geneology. I registered and have spent quality time exploring. It is an amazing and my kids will be getting a fanastic, one of a kind Christmas present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment