RSS is going to be very helpful. I had heard about blog feeds but never quite set one up until a couple of weeks ago.... when almost by accident I added a blog feed to my iGoogle page. Since the iGoogle page seems to work very much like Google Reader, I didn't create another newsreader. But I did figure out how to organize the RSS feeds in iGoogle and how to move and add blogs. It is amazing how easy things are once you figure it out.
Newsreaders are additive! I have tried to keep up with a couple of blogs but it was such a pain to remember to visit them. With the RSS feed, I can just glance at the iGoogle page and see what is new. It makes it much easier to keep up with professional reading. The problem is being selective with what is added and it will also take some time to discover which of the blogs are worthwhile and interesting over the long run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
As I travel to districts and help with on-site professional development, RSS feeds are at the top of my teaching lists.
Most folks, until they actually set up a RSS reader, understand the power of having the web come to you instead of the other way around.
iGoogle is a great way to set up a dynamic 'start page' for yourself as well - great ideas!
Post a Comment