I feel very Seuss-ish with Thing 1 and Thing 2.
What makes a good blog? Something to say, good writing and a clear focus are important factors in what makes a good blog. I also think that a simple, clean layout is important. Some of the blogs I visit are just too cluttered.....to many widgets and patterns.
How do blogs enhance existing web sites? Web sites tend to be fairly static so adding a blog can be an easy way to keeping an audience involved with daily/weekly information or reflections. Blogs add a personal touch to a web page. Although, I do thing the difference between a web page and a blog is beginning to blur.
Are blogs an easier way for people to self-publish? Of course. Blogs are very easy to create. Much easier than a web page. I think blogs are one of the reasons for the decline in newspaper readership. Bloggers report and comment on the news as soon as it happens so when you read a newspaper, it's old news. Of course, that doesn't address the reliability and credibility of bloggers. It all depends on the blogs we read. Sometimes I think we tend to only read what confirms our own POV. Blogs are an ultimate free speech tool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment