Friday, March 27, 2009

Thing 10: My Own Wiki

I've seen the light...or at least a little glimmer. I created a wiki at PBWiki. (http://ontheshelf.pbwiki.com/ ). It was fairly easy to do, although I do think creating a blog was easier. Maybe because I have created a blog before. Actually, it seems very similiar to a blog. The big, big plus would be the enhanced collaboration piece.

I can see where I could use a wiki to collaborate with colleagues. When we are working on projects together, it would be much easier to work on a wiki.

I decided that setting up a wiki for REMC 8 librarians to collaborate on Destiny would be very useful. Destiny is a very sophisticated library management software program that many districts are adopting. The wiki could provide a venue for tips, questions, and support.

2 comments:

Ron Houtman said...

Have you started using the Destiny system at your library yet (the newly hosted one at the Kent ISD)?

Booker said...

Yes, we are completely up and running . Had our 2 day training on March 23, 24. Lots to learn in 2 days and we are still feeling our way. Need the KISD server to be more reliable, which I'm sure is coming when all the bugs are worked out.